Thursday 2 July 2020

Cooking with Sugary Candy

There is certainly a special thing that happens when you walk into your home and it smells of goodness.  When the oven is on and the smell of cookies or cake is in the air the world seems to slow down for a moment.  The time you take to slow down and smell the smell of goodness brings down anxiety and can bring families together. One of my favorite things to do when I am baking in the kitchen is to add either mine or one of my family members favorite styles of candy boxes to the mix and see their face light up when they bite into a wonderful treat.

So to me the first thing to know before you are going to get your specialty treat on is to know which candy box you will be using for the desert.  This can change the entire process of what you will be doing and can dictate the best way to incorporate the candy into the cake or cookie.  So I want to go over just a few of my favorite ones that I have either grown up with or learned recently.

The one that comes to mind the most is the sugary mix of hershey kisses and sugar cookies.  This is one of the classics that has been in my family for years.  My mother used to make these during Christmas time and it brings back memories of happy times with family every single time I eat them. 

  The joy of making them for me brings back memories of making them with my mom and other family members when I was young.  Now is there really anything better than recreating those moments and memories with your family? Honestly, I can't think of a better thing to do then to pass on traditions like this with my family.  I truly love the idea of passing on great times with family and essentially possibly keeping those memories going forever. 

This is just a cool and lovely idea and I highly suggest taking your baking to a little more than being just about food. It is about spending time with those you love rather they are making the items with you or they are enjoying them with you when they are done.  And for all of those who don't bake with your family and just enjoy the aftermath, remember to thank the baker and maybe spend a little time talking about the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking with Sugary Candy

There is certainly a special thing that happens when you walk into your home and it smells of goodness.  When the oven is on and the smell o...